Identity Theft Protection
Identity theft, one of the fastest growing types of financial fraud, can happen to anyone. Identity theft occurs when someone steals your sensitive information like your social security number or bank account information and then pretends to be you.
Protecting Yourself with CyberScout®
At Georgia United, we are committed to maintaining the security of your personal and financial information and we take every necessary step to ensure that your accounts are protected. Members with a Georgia United Checking Account receive free identity theft protection with CyberScout. This includes:
- A personal advocate who will work with you one-on-one to restore your identity in the event that it is compromised
- Systematic notification to credit bureaus, creditors, governmental agencies and others, including credit collectors
- Preparation of all documents and phone calls needed to resolve your identity theft
- Comprehensive case file creation to provide assistance to law enforcement
- A full year of credit monitoring, fraud monitoring and follow-up calls
To learn more about CyberScout and identity theft protection for your Georgia United Checking Account, contact our Member Care Center at 888.493.4328 option 3 or visit your local branch.
Free Shred Events
One way to safeguard personal information is to shred it before it goes into the trash. Because your security is our priority, Georgia United Credit Union offers free shred events at select branch locations. These events give you the opportunity to safely destroy sensitive documents such as old account statements and checkbook registers in an environmentally-friendly way.
Find a shred event near you
For more information on identity theft, please visit the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at www.ftc.gov/idtheft.