Since 1958, our mission has been to serve our members and in times of uncertainty that has not changed. We understand our members may be dealing with financial hardships and we are here to help. We have created emergency loan relief options to help members who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
• Automatic Loan Deferment Options (auto, personal loans, RVs, ATVs, boats and small business auto loans)
• Credit Card Deferment
• Commercial Loan Relief
• First Mortgage or Second Mortgage Loan (fixed rate loans) Relief
• Student Loan Relief
• Other Loan Relief Support
Automatic Loan Deferment
To assist members dealing with financial hardships due to COVID-19, Georgia United will automatically advance the due date for eligible loan* products if you are unable to make your payment by the due date. Loan payments may be postponed for up to three months** with no fees.
If you prefer to make your regularly scheduled payment, you are welcome to do so. Making the payment as scheduled will avoid any changes to total interest paid or the final loan maturity date.
What do I need to do?
To take advantage of this offer, there is no need to submit a Skip-A-Pay request. If your payment is not received within 10 days following your due date, we will automatically advance the due date on eligible loans*. Please be sure to cancel any automatic, scheduled payments during this time. To cancel payments from another financial institution, please contact the financial institution directly. You can cancel your Georgia United payment the following ways:
- Log into Online Banking. Select the ‘Transfers and Payments’ menu and click ‘Online Activity’. Click the ‘Recurring Transactions’ tab and next to your scheduled transaction, select ⋮ to edit or cancel your scheduled payment.
- Call the Member Care Center at 888.493.4328 or complete the loan relief request form below.
By skipping your loan payment, your loan will be automatically deferred and you agree to the following:
- Interest and finance charges will continue to accrue.
- Deferring your payment will extend the term of your loan(s), and at the end of the loan(s), a higher total finance charge will be paid than if payments had been made as originally scheduled.
- If you elected GAP coverage on your loan, coverage may not be extended beyond the original maturity date.
- It is your responsibility to cancel any scheduled payments.
- It is your responsibility to turn back on recurring payments once your payment due date resumes.
For additional information, please see our frequently asked questions.
Credit Card Deferment
Please note that while credit cards are eligible for our usual Skip-A-Pay program, they are not eligible for automatic deferment and will need to be requested through Online Banking or by submitting the form below.
Commercial Loan Relief
For assistance with commercial loan requests, please email Anthony.Straub@gucu.org. Please note, email volume may be high so we appreciate your patience.
First Mortgage or Second Mortgage (fixed rate loans) Relief
For assistance with first and second mortgage requests, please call 877.888.2444. Please note, call volume may be high. We appreciate your patience.
Student Loan Relief
For assistance with student loan requests, please call 800.723.2210
Other Loan Relief Support
To submit a Skip-a-Pay request and other loan relief support requests, please complete the below loan relief request form.
*To be eligible, your account must be in good standing with a $5 minimum balance and not in bankruptcy status. Offer valid for the following loan products: personal loans, vehicle loans (excluding CURE Auto Loans), other secured loans (RVs, ATVs, boats), and small business auto loans that are current as of February 29, 2020. All Credit Union programs are subject to change at any time without notice.
**You may complete up to three monthly skips during the 2020 calendar year; including those requested prior to the pandemic. Regardless of your payment frequency, one skip will be equivalent to one month of payments for all loan payment frequencies.