LIMITED TIME ONLY: 1.85% APY* for 18 MONTHS
This summer spark your savings with a Certificate of Deposit (CD) from Georgia United. CDs are a safe and secure savings tool that will allow you to earn interest on your money over a given period of time. Enjoy this limited time offer of 1.85% APY* for 18 months when you bring in new funds from outside the credit union.
*APY= Annual Percentage Yield. The minimum deposit is $1,000. Dividends are compounded daily and are credited on a quarterly basis. An early withdrawal penalty totaling 180 days of dividends applies. At maturity, the CD would automatically roll into a 12 month CD at the prevailing rate for a 12 month CD. The 1.85% APY is accurate as of 6/26/18. Insured by NCUA.
Please see below for additional information on all our Certificate of Deposits
No matter what your future goals are, Georgia United Credit Union has additional options to best suit your long term savings and retirement needs.
Georgia United offers several Certificate of Deposits (CD) options to choose from:
- 3 month terms
- 6 month terms
- 12 month terms
- Limited time 18 month terms
- 24 month terms
- 36 month terms
- 60 month terms
- All CD terms are fixed for the duration of the term you select
- CDs pay higher dividend disbursement than regular Share Savings Accounts
With Certificates of Deposit, you can also secure a loan at a considerably lower rate. Dividend disbursement options include compounding or transferring your quarterly dividends to your savings account for immediate access when you need it. Minimum opening deposit of $1,000 is required for all Certificates.
See below for additional information on our CD's:
- Funds cannot be withdrawn from the account without penalty until the scheduled maturity date (unless special circumstances arise; see next bullet point for clarification).
- No withdrawals allowed unless it is in the case of death of the primary or joint on the certificate. The certificate may then be closed before maturity without a penalty.
- Maturity/renewal notices are provided.
- Automatic renewal into the same term will be at the rate in effect at maturity. A seven day grace period after maturity gives members the option of changing their investment plan or adding additional monies to the Certificate.
- Certificates can be used as collateral for loans.
- Dividends may be reinvested, deposited to another account, or paid out in a check.
- Rates are published weekly (effective dates are listed on the rate sheet).
- Deposits can be made to Certificates only at the time of maturity.
- The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) insures your deposits (in savings, savings certificates, and share-draft/checking accounts) up to $250,000. IRA’s are insured separately to $250,000.
For additional information or to open Certificates of Deposit, please visit your nearest branch location or contact our Member Care Center at 770.476.6400 option 3.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
For your long-term retirement savings needs, consider an IRA with Georgia United. We offer Traditional, Roth and Education IRAs, which may provide you with additional tax benefits. For details, contact one of our Financial Service Representatives or your Tax Advisor.
For additional information or to open an IRA Account, please visit your nearest branch location or contact our Member Care Center at 770.476.6400 option 3.