For over 20 years Georgia United Credit Union has offered an annual High School Scholarship to members. This is one our longest and most endearing programs and we are excited to bring it back in the coming years.
Named for the credit union’s founder and notable board members, the program offers an opportunity for students to showcase their scholastic achievements and create a 1 min video answering the following question:
“Georgia United was founded on the principles of supporting the community through education. How are you going to use your education to help your community?"
$27,500 in scholarships are awarded be awarded in four opportunities:
- Vernon E. Carne Scholarship for $10,000
- Geraldine Tilson Scholarship for $7,500
- Polly Hinde Scholarship for $5,000
- Dorothy Dusenberry Scholarship for $5,000
- Applicants must be High School Seniors graduating and entering an accredited college or technical school.
- Applicants must be a member of Georgia United Credit Union and in good standing.
- All components must be submitted by midnight on February 28, for your application to be considered.
- Create a video under 1 minute answering the question above.
- Submit an online application including your scholastic achievements and community service projects.
Applications will be accepted February 1 - 28, 2018