For over 20 years Georgia United Credit Union has offered an annual high school scholarship to members.
Named for the credit union's founder and notable board members, the program offers an opportunity for students to showcase their scholastic achievements and create a video.
$27,500 in scholarship are awarded in four opportunities:
- Vernon E. Carne Scholarship for $10,000
- Geraldine Tilson Scholarship for $7,500
- Polly Hinde Scholarship for $5,000
- Dorothy Desenberry Pirkle Scholarship for $5,000
- Applicants must be high school seniors graduating and entering an accredited college or technical school.
- Applicants must be a member of Georgia United and in good standing.
- All components must be submitted by midnight on February 28, 2019 for your application to be considered.
- Create a video under 1 minute answering the following the question: "Georgia United was founded on the principles of supporting the community through education. How you are going to use your education to help your community?"
- Submit an online application including your scholastic achievements and community service projects.
Applications will be accepted February 1- 28, 2019
Need inspiration? Click below to check out the Spring 2018 winners and their submitted videos!