For over 20 years, Georgia United Credit Union has offered an annual high school scholarship to members. Named for the credit union's founder and notable board members, the program offers an opportunity for students to showcase their scholastic achievements and creativity through a video competition.
$27,500 in scholarships are awarded in four opportunities:
- Vernon E. Carne Scholarship for $10,000
- Geraldine Tilson Scholarship for $7,500
- Polly Hinde Scholarship for $5,000
- Dorothy Dusenburr Pirkle Scholarship for $5,000
- Applicants must be high school seniors graduating and entering an accredited college or technical school.
- Applicants must be a member of Georgia United and in good standing.
- All components must be submitted by midnight on February 28, 2019 for your application to be considered.
- Create a 1-minute video answering the following the question: "Georgia United was founded on the principles of supporting the community through education. How you are going to use your education to help your community?"
- Submit an online application including your scholastic achievements and community service projects.
Applications are due by midnight February 28, 2019.
|Apply for the Georgia United High School Scholarship Competition
Upload your video to YouTube.com
Step 2: Click here
to submit your scholarship application (don't forget to include a link to your video on YouTube.com
and the video file within the application).
All components must be submitted by midnight on February 28, 2019 for your application to be considered
Need inspiration? Click below to check out the 2018 winners and their submitted videos!