Frequently Asked Questions
Is my money insured?
Yes, your money is safe with us and insured by the NCUA up to $250,000 per member-owned account.
- How Your Accounts Are Federally Insured (PDF/English)
- How Your Accounts Are Federally Insured (PDF/Spanish)
How can I set up direct deposit?
To set up direct deposit, please contact your employer's payroll department. You will need to provide them with the routing number 261171309 and your 13-digit account number, which can be located in Online Banking or the Georgia United Mobile App.
What is my member number and where can I find it?
Your member number is your unique identifier at Georgia United. You can locate your member number quickly and securely in Online Banking or the Georgia United Mobile App. Once logged in, click on any product and on the account details screen, select the ‘Details’ tab to view your member number.
Where can I find my account number?
You can locate your 13-digit account number securely in Online Banking or the Georgia United Mobile App. Once logged in, click the account tile and on the account details screen, select the ‘Details’ tab to view your account number.
What’s Georgia United’s routing number?
Georgia United's routing number is 261171309.
How can I apply for a new loan or refinance my existing loan?
If I want to become a member, what is the best way to open an account?
What if I have an appointment but need to cancel or the branch closes unexpectedly?
What precautions are in place for in-person appointments?
We are proceeding with the utmost caution and taking additional preventative measures to safely serve members and protect our team members. When you arrive for a scheduled appointment, you can expect:
- To be asked a brief COVID health questionnaire before entering the branch.
- To be asked to temporarily remove your mask or other facial covering for identification purposes.
- Please leave any food or drink inside your vehicle or dispose of it before entering. We will also be temporarily closing our coffee bars.
- Plexiglass and additional sanitation measures have been added for member and team member safety.
- Restrooms will be unavailable for member use at this time.
If my branch is temporarily closed, how can I take care of my banking needs?
There are several ways to get your banking done, based on what’s most convenient for you:
- Bank online. Manage your entire relationship online when you enroll in Online Banking. You'll be able to check your balance, pay bills and transfer funds from your home. See what else you can do with Online Banking.
- Bank on mobile. Get the convenience of Online Banking on your mobile device—plus you can deposit checks* in a snap. Download the Georgia United Mobile App (Android and iOS) to get started. See what else you can do with Mobile Banking.
- Bank at the ATM. Check your balance, deposit cash or checks or make a withdrawal at our network of over 100,000 surcharge-free ATMs. Find one near you.
- Find a nearby branch. Check our website for branch availability to see if there's another branch nearby.
*Items transmitted using this service are not subject to the funds availability requirements of the Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC. Deposits accepted using this service will be available within five days. Georgia United may make such funds available sooner.
How do I reorder checks?
You can securely reorder checks in Online Banking. In your account, go to the 'Services' tab and select 'Check Reorder'. Checks may also be ordered from our Member Care Center, at any of our branch locations or by calling 800.Deluxe1.
How do I request a balance transfer?
How can I set up alerts for my card?
You can set up alert notifications in Online Banking. On the menu, select ‘Services‘ and click ‘Alerts’. To set up a new alert, click ‘New Alert’. There are several different alert types you can set up:
- Account alerts – get notified when your balance goes above or below a specified amount
- History alerts – get notified when credits or debits post to your account
- Online transaction alerts – get notified when online activity occurs like a funds transfer
What are some useful alerts for my cards?
How do I order a replacement card?
How do I report a lost/stolen card?
How to do I freeze my card?
If you've misplaced your card, quickly freeze it in Online Banking any time of day, or you can contact our Member Care Center at 888.493.4328 during business hours. To freeze your card:
1. Log in to Online Banking or the Georgia United Mobile App.
2. From the navigation, select 'Cards' and click 'Manage Cards'.
3. Select your card.
4. From the drop-down, choose 'Freeze Card'.
Once your card is found, you can unfreeze it following these same steps.
Does CardSwap work for both debit and credit cards?
Can I use CardSwap for cards issued by other financial institutions?
Which merchants are supported by CardSwap?
How do I opt-out of Courtesy Pay?
Are there any circumstances when an overdraft item won’t be paid?
How will I be notified that Courtesy Pay was used?
If I use Courtesy Pay, when do I need to bring my account current?
Is there a fee to opt-in for Debit/ATM coverage?
I already have Overdraft Protection. What’s the difference?
What if I don’t plan to use Courtesy Pay?
Is there a cost to use Courtesy Pay?
How do I update my email address for notifications?
You can update your email address in Online Banking by:
- Selecting 'Settings' in the top navigation
- Click on 'Update Personal Information'
- Select 'Physical Address' to update your contact information
How long are E-Statements available?
How am I notified when an E-Statement is available?
Is there a cost to use this service?
What if my recipient doesn't accept the money?
What if the recipient's card is unable to accept funds?
What debit networks accept Georgia United P2P Pay?
What if I’ve used all the Skip-A-Pay requests allowed?
If you've completed two skips within a rolling 12-month period, you won't be eligible to request another skip until one year after the date of your first skip; however, if you are experiencing extreme hardship, we may be able to help. We can do a full financial review to see how Georgia United can assist you in your time of need. Please email us your name, contact information and a description of your situation and we will reach out to you with more details.
If I have automatic payments set up, will I need to cancel these?
Is there a fee?
How often can I skip my payment?
You may complete two skips per rolling 12-month period; however, you may not skip two consecutive months.
Transfers & Payments
If a deposit is made by electronic transfer and is returned due to non-sufficient funds, will Georgia United automatically attempt to continue to collect funds until paid?
What if the funds are unavailable to cover my transfer?
Is there a fee to make a transfer to another financial institution?
What if the payment date falls on a holiday?
How much notice is needed to cancel a transaction?
How do I cancel my transaction request?
Are there dollar limits on transfers from my external accounts through ACH?
How are funds transferred to another financial institution?
What if I provided an incorrect routing number for the external financial institution?
What information will I need to provide about the external account?
- The name of the financial institution
- The 9-digit routing number of the financial institution
- Your account number and account type at the financial institution Funds can only be withdrawn from a savings or checking account. Image below: reference where to find your 9-digit routing number and your account number.
How do I setup an external transfer in Online Banking?
To transfer to and from an external account, you will first need to verify your external account by completing the following steps:
- Add External Account. In Online Banking, go to the 'Services' tab and select 'Add External Account'. Enter your external account information and click Submit. Two micro-deposits will be made into the account that you have entered. You should typically see these within five business days.
- Verify External Account. Once you have received your deposits, log in to Online Banking and verify your account. Go to the 'Services' tab and select 'Verify External Account Requests'. Select the account you would like to verify and enter the amounts of the two micro-deposits. Click Submit.
Please note, if the account is not verified within 10 days the request will expire.
Once Initial Setup is complete, to transfer money to or from an external account, go to the ‘Transfers and Payments’ tab and select ‘Funds Transfer’. Your external account will be available in the drop-down.