Get Covered with Courtesy Pay
We encourage our members to manage their finances responsibly, but understand that under certain circumstances, you may need a temporary safety net to cover the shortfall in your account. That's why we offer Courtesy Pay on our Unified Checking Account.
What is Courtesy Pay?
Courtesy Pay is a service available to eligible checking account members that pays for items that exceed the balance in your checking account. It's an additional line of defense that kicks in once Overdraft Protection has been exhausted. Courtesy Pay
will cover the cost of the transaction(s) up to an amount determined by the credit union and a $32 fee will be charged per item covered. Click here to view disclosure.
Eligible checking account members are automatically enrolled in basic Courtesy Pay coverage, which covers checks and ACH transactions.
For additional coverage for your debit and ATM transactions, federal regulations require members to opt-in. To opt-in for debit/ATM coverage:
- Contact our Member Care Center at 888.493.4328
- Visit one of our branch locations
- It helps when you have an emergency, such as an unexpected bill between paychecks.
- It saves you the embarrassment of debit card declines due to insufficient funds when you opt-in for additional coverage.
- It helps you avoid paying additional NSF charges or returned check fees to merchants.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I opt-out of Courtesy Pay?
Are there any circumstances when an overdraft item won’t be paid?
How will I be notified that Courtesy Pay was used?
If I use Courtesy Pay, when do I need to bring my account current?
Is there a fee to opt-in for Debit/ATM coverage?
I already have Overdraft Protection. What’s the difference?
What if I don’t plan to use Courtesy Pay?
Is there a cost to use Courtesy Pay?