LIMITED TIME ONLY: 1.25% APY* for 18 Months**
Helping our members save for their future is important to us. Certificate of Deposits (CDs) are a safe and secure savings tool that will allow you to earn interest on your money over a given period of time. Put your money to work for you and enjoy this limited time offer of 1.25% APY*
for 18 months**
. Don’t miss this opportunity!
Follow the steps below to open a 18 month CD account online today or stop by any one of our 19 branch locations.
STEP 1: Log in to your Online Banking account.
STEP 2: Click open account from the top navigation and select 18 month CD
STEP 3: Fill out the application and start saving for your future.
Not a member?
STEP 1: Please fill out the membership application to become a member today and make sure to sign up for Online Banking. You will receive an email once the process is completed. Please note, this may take up to 48 hours.
STEP 2: Log in to your Online Banking account.
STEP 3: Click open account from the top navigation and select 18 month CD
STEP 4: Fill out the application and start saving for your future.
*APY= Annual Percentage Yield. ** The minimum deposit is $1,000. Dividends are compounded daily and credited on a quarterly basis. An early withdrawal fee totaling 90 days of dividends would apply to this product. At maturity, the CD would automatically roll into a 12-month CD at the prevailing rate for that CD.
Please see below for additional information on all of our Certificate of Deposits.
No matter what your future goals are, Georgia United Credit Union has additional options to best suit your long term savings and retirement needs.
Sometimes we have to make our money “work” a little bit harder for us! When those times arise, Georgia United offers several Certificate of Deposit (CDs) options to choose from:
- 3 month terms
- 6 month terms
- 12 month terms
- Limited time 18 month
- 24 month terms
- 36 month terms
- 60 month terms
- All CD terms are fixed for the duration of the term you select
- CD’s pay higher dividends than regular Share Savings accounts
With Certificates of Deposit, you can also secure a loan at a considerably lower rate. Interest disbursement options include compounding or transferring your quarterly dividends to your savings account for immediate access when you need it. Minimum opening deposit of $1,000 is required for all Certificates.
Additional information on our CD's are as follows:
- Funds cannot be withdrawn from the account without penalty until the scheduled maturity date (unless special circumstances arise; see next bullet point for clarification).
- No withdrawals allowed unless it is in the case of death of the primary or joint on the certificate. The certificate may then be closed before maturity without a penalty.
- Maturity/renewal notices are provided.
- Automatic renewal into the same term will be at the rate in effect at maturity. A 7-day grace period after maturity gives members the option of changing their investment plan or adding additional monies to the certificate.
- Certificates can be used as collateral for loans.
- Dividends may be reinvested, deposited to another account, or paid out in a check.
- Rates are published weekly (effective dates are listed on the rate sheet).
- Deposits can be made to certificates only at the time of maturity.
- The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) insures your deposits (in savings, savings certificates, and share-draft/checking accounts) up to $250,000. IRA’s are insured separately to $250,000.
For additional information or to open Certificates of Deposit, please visit your nearest branch location or contact our Member Care Center at 770.476.6400 option 3.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
For your long-term retirement savings needs, consider an IRA with Georgia United. We offer Traditional, Roth and Education IRAs, which may provide you with additional tax benefits. For details, contact one of our Financial Service Representatives or your Tax Advisor.
For additional information or to open an IRA Account, please visit your nearest branch location or contact our Member Care Center at 770.476.6400 option 3.